Sunday, January 15, 2012

Whistfully Whimsical Whispered Words


I sit and sigh,
But don’t know why,
And listen as the time goes by.
I start to cry,
But don’t know why,
Perhaps because I’ll never fly.

Life is a place,
And Earth is a time,
Where wonders ceaselessly wander on.
And on that note, I’ll wander too,
While with that note, I play a tune.

Did you ever ask
To sip from a flask
Full of remorse,
To later endorse,
Or even enforce,
The way we play the game?

Or maybe you said,
“I wish I was dead!”
Only to find,
in time,
A feeling of a different kind.

The answer, my friend,
Is not with the wind,
Though the wind is with the answer.
A dancer may sing,
Yet no one will bring
The truth before a king.

The rest, you see,
Is far beyond me,
And while I truly hate to leave you,
The rust on my face
Affords me no grace,
Allows me no space!
And so, with haste, I depart from this place.

But remember my friend,
It is only the end
When there is nothing left to mend.

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment